- Assistant Finance Manager (Northamptonshire)
This is an opportunity to join a blue chip account and will appeal to an individual looking to progress their career on a large contract with revenue of £30m and EBIT of £1.3m.
This role has a high level of customer interaction and applicants should be looking to develop into a Finance Manager within 18 months.
Primary Purpose of the Role
To assist the day to day running of the Finances for a major retail customer
- To conduct monthly trading, including the maintenance and regular auditing of reports, such as Asset Registers, Sales invoices and internal charges.
- Assist Finance Manager in preparation of customer budgets.
- Credit control for the contract.
- Produce Open Book reconciliations & Balance Sheet reconciliations for contract to highest accuracy.
- Produce and distribute first draught of weekly quick’s and trackers ready for review by Finance Manager.
- Capture of KPI data and liaise with shift managers to ensure that all data is accurate and received in a timely manner
- Educated to high school (secondary) standard (essential)
- Educated to degree level (desirable)
- Studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification – AAT/CIMA/ACCA (desirable)
Skills / Experiences
- Able to work on own initiative as well as to contribute constructively to a team environment – Essential
- Able to understand Purchasing process – Essential
- Able to conduct monthly trading - Essential
- Understand audit process i.e. (reconciliations of asset registers)
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines - Essential
- Able to work on own initiative as well as to contribute constructively to a team environment - Essential
- Excellent communication skills - Essential
- Good organisation skills - Essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes - Essential
- Proactive in finding more efficient solutions to current systems and procedures - Essential
- Problem solving - Essential
- Attention to detail - Essential
- Excel spreadsheets to an intermediate level - Desirable
- Written and oral communication skills
- Experience within a 3rd Party logistics business – Desirable
- Experience of using Oracle system - Essential
Please send CV, salary details and contact information to:- firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07800 771 651